Thursday, March 12, 2009

'The Doctor' in town to greet fans

"Selamat SIang, Jakarta!" that what Valentino "The Doctor" Rossi said when he arrived in Jakarta. Before, Rossi ever visiteed Indonesia in 1996 and 1997, at that time he raced in Sentul Circuit, he was still in 125cc class.

When someone asked to Rossi why he always raced with Yamaha, why not with another company, he replied that Yamaha has supported him with a lots of innovations. Rossi with Yamaha already already won 3 champiotittles.

According to me Rossi is one of the best motoGP racer. He and Yamaha won so many champion tittle, maybe he better stays with Yamaha, maybe if he move to another company his popularity can decreasing, because of the disconnection with the company.

Questions:
1. Do you like Valentino Rossi? Why or why not?
2. How many years Rossi race for Yamaha?

Wedhatama, R.ROberto. "'The Doctor' in town to greet fans". The Jakarta Post March 12, 2009. vol 26 no.280

3 comments:

MLC said...

Hello Ernesto,

I have watched Valentino Rossi on TV. He was participating in a race but of course the only thing I could see was his motorcycle going fast around the circuit. I didn't see his face at all. It is only now that I have done a little research and went to his website to see a photograph of him.

Motorcycle racing is not my favorite spectator sport but I admire Rossi for having been on top of his sport for a long time.
It is a great achievement.

About his association with Yamaha, I think it should be continued; it has been successful for both.

I read that he celebrated his 30th birthday in February 2009. He has had a great career and althougn not a fan of his, I think he deserves admiration and good wishes for more victories.

MLC Anchor

MaRsHa Wonka... said...

that's cool!! he is cute right?? i wanna meet him!

^_^ said...

I never really watch Valentino Rossi because I don't really watch MotoGP. However, I heard that he is good. I don't really know how long Rossi raced in the MotoGP. Do you know?

I head there is another great racer named Casey Stoner. Who is better? Stoner or Rossi?


^_^ P