Bambang Sulistomo,the elder son of Soetomo, presented his speech before thousands of youths in Surabaya. He attended a thanksgiving to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, because his father declared as a national hero by government.
Soetomo was the man who encourage the people in Surabaya to fight the British. Because of this war, November 10 was declared as Hero's Day.
According to my opinion, Soetomo or Bung Tomo was proper to be a national hero. That's because his merits were influenced Indonesia in 1940s.
Question:
1. What do you think, is Soetomo proper to be a national hero? Why or why not?
1 comment:
Ernesto,
I am interested in answering your question about whether Soetomo should be righfully considered a hero.
However, before I could comment,could you give us a more detailed background on Soetomo?
Your blog mentions that he encouraged the people in Surabaya to fight the British and his action deserves praise. At the same time, I believe that there were others who also encouraged their fellow patriots to fight.
What made Bung Tomo rise above others? What were his achievements and contribution to Indonesia?
MLC, Anchor
Post a Comment